28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Thursday 20 May 2010

Day 25- The Simpsons

Well, I'm nearing the end of my blog. Only three days left. I actually can't believe it's almost over.

And what is this post going to be on I hear you ask?

Well, like yesterday I haven't had a chance to watch much TV seeing as I've been at uni all day. But I did manage to catch The Simpsons and it was another great episode from season 3 (yes I know which episodes go with which season because I've got every one of them on DVD up to season 11 and have watched them countless times over and over again.)

But that's the good thing about The Simpsons. You can watch all these "classic" episodes over and over again and never get bored of them. It's hard for me to say this about the new ones. I can only watch them once and even then I don't laugh at many of the jokes. They're not worth watching twice (or at least I don't think so. You may think differently though.) This is only my opinion remember.

Anyway, I hope when they finish showing season 3 on Channel 4, they'll show season 4 and then season 5 etc because it saves me having to get out my DVDs to watch all the "classic" episodes.

And as I'm so into The Simpsons, you're probably wondering what my favourite episodes are. If not, I'll tell you anyway.

I have a number of favourites (most of them from old seasons.)

The first one is "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish" from season 2 (the one where Homer thinks he's going to die from food poisoning after eating poison at the new shushi restaurant in Springfield.)

The second is "Marge Be Not Proud" from season 7 (the one where Bart is caught shoplifting the new BoneStorm video game he desperately wants but is not allowed to have) and the third one has to be the one that was on today "Homer Alone" from season 3 (the one where Marge has a nervous breakdown and goes on vacation to Rancho Relaxo leaving Homer to look after Maggie.)

There are many more episodes that I love but I would be here all day if I listed them all.

But the ones I've listed are my all time favourites and I can watch them over and over again and still laugh my head off at the jokes.

Anyway, until tomorrow, when it will be my last ever post (gasp!) I'll leave you with a quote from tonight's Simpsons episode, which always makes me laugh.

"Remember, you can't spell Relaxo without relax"

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment