28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Thursday 6 May 2010

Day 11- Grease

What is so good about the musical Grease? I watched some of it tonight on Film 4 (not all of it as I've seen it many times before) But what I can't understand is why everyone seems to love it and rate it as a classic. Yes, it is a classic and it's got some good songs in it and dance numbers, but it's just like any other musical. Honestly, there is absolutely nothing special about it, but that doesn't stop people from raving about it and voting it the greatest musical of all time.

Perhaps it's just me, but there are much, much better ones out there like Phantom Of The Opera (one of my all time favourite musicals) Footloose, West Side Story, Fame etc. Yes, I know what you're going to say; that these are all classics too. But then why didn't any of them reach number 1 in the 100 Greatest Musicals on Channel 4 a few years back if they are? Some of them didn't even come in the top 10 and that's unbelievable!

But that's just my opinon. You readers may love it and that's fine with me. Everyone loves different things and has different opinions and I respect that. Grease is just not on my top 10 list of greatest musicals.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment