28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Sunday 9 May 2010

Day 14- The Simpsons

"Lemonade?"
"Please."

Anyone who watched the Simpsons today will know where this quote comes from. It may not seem funny if you haven't seen the episode, but I was laughing for ages about it when I heard it in the Itchy and Scratchy and Marge episode today. Actually, that whole Itchy and Scratchy episode, where they're sitting on the porch, had me laughing like an idiot right into the next scene.

I don't know why. It's made me laugh many times before (I've seen this episode countless times) but today it just seemed more hilarious than usual and made me laugh my head off. I guess because it's just so out of character for an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

The rest of the episode was just as funny though (just not as hilarious as that Itchy and Scratchy sketch). Like I said before, all the old episodes are brilliant and laugh out loud funny. Those were the days when the Simpsons was good and imaginative and clever. Not rubbish like they are now.

It was a great episode and the one after it was good aswell. Another Simspons classic!

But that Itchy and Scratchy sketch. I can't stop laughing whenever I think about it. I really don't know why though. Perhaps I had a bit too much wine tonight at dinner and it made that sketch seem more funny than usual. I don't know. All I know is that it just had me laughing like an idiot.

So, until tomorrow, I'll leave you with another line from that hilarious (or at least what seemed hilarious tonight) Itchy and Scratchy sketch.

"You make good lemonade, Itchy."

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment