28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Sunday 16 May 2010

Day 21- The Simpsons

I just had to watch the Simpsons this afternoon on T4 on Channel 4 just because they're showing the whole of season 2 (which is just one of the many classic Simpsons seasons) and it's still excellent and unbelievably hilarious like it always has been!

Like I said before, the jokes never get old and I was once again laughing all the way through both episodes. But I also realised while I was watching them that why these episodes are classics is because they all have really good plot lines compared to the newer ones and a few of them even have a moral to them. You don't get anything like this with the new episodes and that's why. . . dare I say it? . . . that they're rubbish.

In my opinion I think the problem with the new ones is that they've run out of ideas (and jokes). There are only so many good plotlines you can come up with and I'm afraid they've used them all for Seasons 1-11. They've even run out of good jokes and this is where the newer episodes fail.

I think you'll agree with me when I say they should end it soon. The Simpsons can't go on forever somehow and it's not like it needs to. It's already the longest running cartoon in TV history (beating The Flintstones)!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment