28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Friday 7 May 2010

Day 12- The Simpsons


It's official. The result of the general election is a hung parliament. Can't say I didn't see it coming. I predicted it in one of my recent posts and it turned out to be right.

Anyway, onto the real topic of the day. I'm glad they're showing old Simpsons on Channel 4 again. Like I said before, the old ones are the best and tonight's one was no exception.

It's amazing that no matter how many times I watch them (I've seen tonight's episode "Like Father Like Clown" . . . I don't know how many times) I always laugh my head off at the jokes and that shows good comedy writing.

And if you ask me, The Simpsons should really go back to what it was.

I hate the new episodes. They've really run out of ideas. I don't know how many times I've watched one of the new episodes and it just seems that either they've used the plot before in another episode or just threw random bits together, hoping it will work out for the best. You'll probably agree with me on this. I can't tell you how many new episodes I've seen that have had poorly scripted jokes and dialogue and nonsensical plot lines.

I hardly laugh once if I watch one of the new ones because the jokes just aren't that funny, compared to the jokes and gags in the older ones. I laugh everytime I watch the old episodes (I could list them but there's far too many and this post would be way too long if I did!) and that to me shows good comedy writing. Unlike the newer ones.

So that's why I'm glad they're showing old episodes again because, as the old saying goes, the old ones are the best! Don't you agree?

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment