28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Day 16- Spirited Away

Anyone who's read my profile will know I love anime films, so it will probably come as no surprise to you that I watched Spirited Away tonight (you know that Oscar winning film about the girl who sees spirits)

And how was it? Well . . . it was absolutely brilliant! I've never seen it before but now I have, I can see just why it won at the Oscars and moved people like no other film could. It took me a while to actually come back down to earth afterwards because I was so caught up in the emotion and the stunning animation.

I've seen many anime films before, like Howl's Moving Castle (which if you haven't seen, you must! It's an amazing film!) But Spirited Away was so different, even though it was made by the same studio. I have to admit it was much better than Howl's Moving Castle (and I never thought I would say that).

Yeah, it was a bit weird and creepy in parts, (a lot weirder than Tim Burton's films) but I think that's what made it so good and enjoyable. It was different to other films; creative and original (this is the film critic side of me talking) and also the title, I think, is brilliant.

All in all, it was the best anime film I have ever seen and I'm definately buying it on DVD to add to my collection.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do because it's one of those films that stays with you long after the credits have finished.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment