28 Days Of British TV

TV will never be the same again! This blog seeks to comment on the many programmes on TV today. Expect comments and opinions galore!

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Day 17- BBC News

So, the news of the day is we have a coalition government and David Cameron's the new Prime Minister. Can't say that I'm surprised somehow. I mean, how long has he been waiting for this?

The only thing I hate about it is all the news channels reporting on it and only on it. I mean, the BBC news channel yesterday went round and round in circles repeating the same story over and over again that David Cameron is the new Prime Minister and Nick Clegg is his deputy.

I should know, as I spent almost half of the day watching it (though I didn't want to). I put it on so I could catch up with the news (and I mean other news, not election news). But what did I get? Yes, news on the new government and only news on the new governement.

Honestly, I got so fed up after only 30 mins of it because it was the same story repeated over and over again and in the end turned it off because it was starting to get annoying.

But that's what happens on the BBC news channel anyway. Even on a normal day they repeat the same stories hour after hour. You really only need to watch the first hour to catch up with the news (or even just the headlines) and that's actually what I do half the time.

But yesterday I actually wanted to hear about what else was going on in the world (not this new coalition government) but did I get any other news stories? No. Even the headlines were only about Cameron and Clegg forming this new colaition government.

I know why it's their lead story and they're able to bring people up-to-date with what's going on with breaking news stories, but do they really need to go on and on about it all day? The answer to this, in my opinon, is simply no!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment